New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

How long does it take to hear back after having registered interest to join?

Hi there, we hope someone might be able to answer a little question for us. We registered our interest to volunteer on the mercy ships website and asked a few questions. We are just wondering how long it might take for someone to get back to us in regards to the questions we asked? We are very excited and just can’t wait to start the process.

Thanks for taking the time to read and we look forward to any advice.

The Harding Family x

Answers

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 213 admin

@thehardingfamily

Hi Harding Family,

Thank you for your interest in serving with Mercy Ships! If you have registered your interest, but have not yet applied, you should hear from someone withing two days normally. If you tell me the role(s) in which you are interested, I can put you in touch with one of our recruiters. Please let me know.

• Thank you for getting back to us. We have only recently applied. I have applied for the ward admin role and my husband for the position of writer. However our questions were not actually role specific. You may be able to help us, we were wondering if my husband would count as alumni or not. He was on the Anastasis as a child so did not actually serve but was there with his parents. Also we were wondering how it works if we have both applied for positions that have different start times. Our final question was how long does it take to hear back about if you have been successful in getting the role you have applied for? Sorry for the long message. We look forward to hearing back soon

x

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 213 admin

Hello Perring and Rob,

Thank you for your response.

I found your newly submitted applications in our system. Since they are quite new, you have not yet been contacted by one of our Volunteer Coordinators.

How wonderful that you attended the Academy onboard the Anastasis, Rob! You obviously have a special connection to Mercy Ships. You do not qualify as alumni since you were still a minor when you were onboard, but it does help that you are familiar with the Mercy Ships culture and ethos.

Unfortunately, the positions for which you both applied do not qualify for family housing onboard. Housing for families is very limited and is reserved for longer-term crew filling critical positions. Neither Writer nor Ward Administrative Assistant currently qualify as critical positions. Additionally, when you serve as a family, one of the parents will actually be the Primary Care Giver (PCG) and will only be working part time.

Are there any other positions in which one/both of you are interested, which might qualify for family housing? Please take another look at our Opportunities site, and let me know.