New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Hi Everyone

I am excited to be returning to the ship Jan and Feb 2020. Have been multiple times since 2010 and each trip is better than the last. Will be serving on the wards as a peds nurse. Just waiting for last forms review from Texas.

I currently work PRN in the ED with the US Navy on a Marine base in Jacksonville, NC. I retired form my previous hospital with 30 years of service and went back part time there finishing up my last 2 years in our Childrens ED prior to going to the Naval Hospital.

On a personal note, pleas keep us (the east coast) in your prayers. Hurricane Dorian is getting close and we have been experiencing the outer bands of wind, rain and local tornados. Last year I was on the ship when Florence hit. Fortunately my home and family were safe...God is good.

Thanks, Scott

Comments

• ShelleyModisetteShelleyModisette Operations Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 51 - Current Staff

Hi William!

Thank you for continuing to volunteer with Mercy Ships! Lifting up prayers for the east coast and your family for safety!

• Thank you . We did well, lost power for a while but no damage to our home. Further up the NC coast did not do so well Cape Hatteras, but relief started flying in this afternoon. All in all, much better that Florence last year. Praise God!

Scott

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 159 admin

@WilliamEldridge

Hi Scott! Thank you for all the times you have already served onboard, and thank you for being willing to bring hope and healing to children in West Africa over and over again. You are such a blessing!

• HannahMulvihillHannahMulvihill Posts: 79 ✭✭

@davidwilliams12345 thank you for your kind offer. You are welcome to go on to any of our Mercy Ships websites and you can make your donation on there. This platform doesn't have that capability unfortunately. Thank you for your kind offer and generosity.