New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Outpatient Nurse - November/December 2019

SaraDeppenSaraDeppen Posts: 2

Hi everyone!

My name is Sara and I'm looking forward to serving in Senegal as an outpatient nurse in November & December. I'm currently working as a med-surg/tele nurse in Pennsylvania.

A couple questions I thought of - since I don't have a lot of experience with phlebotomy is that something I should brush up on before going? Also, does anyone know what the schedule looks like for an outpatient nurse? Any tips from past/current outpatient nurses is appreciated!

Comments

• TeniahHowellTeniahHowell Posts: 19

Hi, Sara, looking forward to meeting you....Love your questions and look forward to hearing the answers! I will be coming as a first-time outpatient nurse in December.

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 161 admin

@SaraDeppen I'm so excited for you, Sara! I hope you have an amazing time onboard the Africa Mercy! I'll email a couple of our outpatient nurses and ask them to give you some tips. Thank you for being one of our awesome volunteers.

• Hi Sara

i am a outpatient nurse and look forward to see you. Phlebotomy we don’t do that often and we will teach you how to do it, no problem. The schedule for outpatient is working from Monday till Friday from 8 till 12 and from 13 till finishing. That can be 15-16- 17 or sometimes18 hour.

see you in November Rianne