New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Dry Dock

Going to be doing something I have never done before...going to the ship while it is in drydock. Have been to the ship several times

Going to teach BLS, ACLS and PALS to long term nurses. Since I have ever been in drydock does anyone have any infor mation they can share (will only be there for about 9 days)...such as will the laundry be up and running, if going out to eat how much does it usually cost, will ship shop be open, etc

Thanks in advance

Scott

Comments

• CynthiaHarrisCynthiaHarris Posts: 40 - Current Staff

HI Scott,

You can check out the Shipyard Volunteer Guidebook under Resources>Volunteer Guidebooks. I think that might assist you. Please let me know if you still have more questions. Thank you for serving!

Cynthia Harris

• SummerRosenbalmSummerRosenbalm Medical Staffing Manager Posts: 38 - Current Staff

Hi Scott,

We're so excited to have you during this unique time!

Yes, laundry facilities and the Ship Shop will both be available while you are on board. I've also heard that there is a good selection of restaurants off-ship if you choose to go out for meals.

As Cynthia said, the Shipyard Volunteer Guidebook is full of helpful information pertinent to volunteering during shipyard.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Summer Rosenbalm

• Thank you both

Scott