Getting the most out of myMercy.
Here are some tips and tricks for using this forum:
- Create discussions. Click the "New Discussion" button, pick the most relevant category it should go in (for example, "Working Onboard" or "Application Process"), add a title and content, the click "Post Discussion". To edit your posts, click the gear icon on the black bar above the post and choose "edit".
- Like good content. This lets you share how you feel about other’s comments. The most liked content shows up on the Best Of page. If you see a post that appears to be spam or abusive, please “Flag” the post for moderator review.
- Mention others. Put an @ symbol before the username to mention someone. They’ll get notified when you do.
- Update your notification preferences. You’ll receive a notification if someone mentions you or posts to a discussion that you’ve bookmarked. You can bookmark discussions by clicking the star icon at the top of the post, and set notifications from the Edit Profile page.
- Send messages. You can private message members by going to your inbox, or visiting their profile page (click their username anywhere).
- Check out the forum from your mobile phone. Just go to the forum URL in your browser - no need to download an app.
- Want to embed a YouTube video or a Tweet? Just paste in the link. myMercy will handle the embedding for you!
- Check out what’s going on with other community members on the Activity page.
Please feel free to ask any questions in the "Help" category if you are confused or need assistance with this new forum. Thanks again for your continued support of Mercy Ships and the myMercy community!