New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Introducing myself

Hi everyone,

My name is Jennifer Matta. I live in London and am a  State Registered nurse. I currently work in a London teaching hospital as a Recovery Nurse Practitioner.

I heard about The Mercy Ships, through YWAM back in 1980 and since then it has always been a dream to one day serve on the Mercy Ships. I hope that in 2019 I will have the opportunity to do so.

Comments

• AlyssaRoweAlyssaRowe Posts: 134 - Current Staff
    Hi Jennifer!

Hope to have you as apart of our PACU team soon! Stay tuned, as we hope to begin staffing for Senegal in the next few monthssmiley

Blessings,

Alyssa
  • HyeonjeongBaeHyeonjeongBae Posts: 9
    Hello, Jennifer. Wow.
    You have heard about Mercy ships 38years ago!
    You didnt forget yet. 😄 I ve heard about this 13years ago and same like you. It was my dream and i wanted to someday ! Most of days i forgot about it, but He reminds me ..to do...😅

And finally i am going next month.
    I hope you also be there soon.
    Join the Great work He make.
  • SolomonAKOGNONSolomonAKOGNON Posts: 1

Hello Jennifer,
    It sounded wow to me, reading that you heard about Mercy Ships such many years ago and still willing to serve. You're right doing so.
    The M/V Africa Mercy is "A place to be" as much/long as possible smile: I can assure you as an alumni. The community is so great, warm welcome, kind,funny, amazing (...) people, regular amazing and exciting news, beautiful places and cultures to discover, special work environnement and colleague that always boost the job...So much to share with you... But to make it shorter, I really encourage you to make it.

Being part of it again is my current projet.
    I hope to meet you soon.
    Blessings,
    Solomon from Benin

• Serving on a ship like the Mercy Ship has been a lifelong prayer. I hope to see an invitation to join this coming year. To be a volunteer RN is what being a nurse is all about, giving back to others.
    Marguerite Lipton

• Hi Jennifer,

So glad to hear you are coming onboard from London :) Make sure you contact us here in the UK office if you need any support at all. We are here to support you and help with anything queries you might have,

Hannah