New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Non-married couple at Africa Mercy?

FridaRoosFridaRoos Posts: 2
Hi! My name is Frida and I'm a nurse, currently working at an orthopedic ward in Denmark. I came across Mercy Ships by accident and it all sounds so amazing that I can't help but want to volunteer right away! My boyfriend works as a physiotherapist here in Denmark, and we are talking about applying together. We've been together for almost six years and lived together for five. As I understand, non-married couples are not allowed to live together at Mercy Ships? And now I'm wondering if there are other non-married couples volunteering and what the experiences with this are?

Thank you so much in advance!

Frida

Comments

• AlyssaRoweAlyssaRowe Posts: 142 - Current Staff
    Hi Frida!

You're correct that non-married couples cannot be housed together. We do have volunteers on board (friends, siblings, etc.) that want to serve at the same time, so please be sure that each of you mention your desire to serve together within your application and we will do our best to accommodate this request!

Feel free to send any further questions about roles on board or the application process to me directly at [email protected].

Blessings,

Alyssa