New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Off Ship Excursions

SarahJohnsonSarahJohnson Posts: 4
Hey, I have read about crew doing off-ship excursions on days off. Is this something we need to plan before heading to the ship or will there be time to arrange excursions once there???

Thanks!

Sarah

Comments

• HannahMulvihillHannahMulvihill Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Hi Sarah!

Excited for you as you plan your time onboard the Africa Mercy. I have worked twice onboard and I planned all my trips once I got there. The Advance Team are working hard in Guinea currently checking out all the best places (and safest) to go for food, weekends away and day trips etc. so, when you get to the ship you will be advised where the best places to go are.

In Mid Ships (near Starbucks) there is a big cabinet full of folders with sign up sheets which you can put your name to. The folders are full of home group options, day trips to the markets, weekends away, exercise classes, etc etc. That's not to say you cant organise your own trips out with your colleagues or bunkmates. Don't worry! there is PLENTY of opportunity on your off days to get involved and see the country.

I met some of my closest friends on trips out on my days off :) 

Every blessing to you!

• SarahJohnsonSarahJohnson Posts: 4
    Thank you so much! That is very helpful!!