New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

A Welcome from the Recruitment Team!

allisonholiskiallisonholiski International Support CenterPosts: 52 admin

Hi everyone and welcome to myMercy!

My name is Allison and I’ve been the Director of Recruiting at Mercy Ships since November 2014. Prior to joining Mercy Ships, I spent eight years working on programs and projects for U.S. government agencies, primarily recruiting Americans to work for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), a specialized United Nations organization. My husband, Brandon, is the Lead Teaching Pastor at Southern Oaks Baptist Church in Tyler, TX and we have a son named Asher and two daughters from Uganda, Sophia and Dorea, who we are raising to know the Lord and, secondarily, to root for the Dallas Cowboys. 

I’d love to connect and get to know you through this wonderful community. If you have any questions as you consider volunteering with Mercy Ships, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us! Together we can bring hope and healing.

Comments

• Its a wonderful experience meeting lovely people who are so enthusiastic in the work of God. I am tala junior and am very interested in the service of mercyship, I am a Cameroonian and will be happy to connect with many other mercyship members
  • Good day Madam, am called Oben Molie, from Douala, Cameroon. And I will be so glad to work as a volunteer in Mercyship this coming August , 2017. It has not been easy for me after the death of my both parents. But I belief GOD has a better say in my life. Nice meeting you madam. God bless you. Bringing life and hope to the less privilege.
  • Thank you for your warm welcome! I am currently an undergraduate university student who is to start at University of Toronto in the fall, and I would love to volunteer with Mercy Ships. It has been a dream of mine for many many years to serve amongst the crew. I was wondering if there are any possible volunteer positions that I may be able to undertake in the upcoming years, both on board ship and off. I am very hard-working, dedicated, love public-speaking and outreach ministries? I would love to help in anyway possible!

​Thank you 
  • Hi Allison,

My name is Hannah and I am very very interested in volunterring with Mercy Ships starting next summer. I have been praying and praying about it and the way the Holy Spirit leads us and tugs on our hearts in certain ways has certainly been evident in my life recently. I was just wondering some logistics. Does the ship take off at a certain time each year or is there multiple times and or multiple ships? Just trying to figure out when to apply and all of that! I am so excited to get started in this process and any answers would help greatly! This is such an amazing organizaiton and the change that is happening all over is so evident. Thank you.

Hannah Tvrdy