New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

anaesthetic equipement

Hello

Iam Suzan an anaesethist from Austria coming to volunteer in september this year. Is there anyone who could give me some information about the anaesthetic equipement ? any other info would be delightful.

Comments

• BrianBarkiBrianBarki Posts: 7
    Hi Suzan,

My name is Brian, and I am the Anesthesia Supervisor on the Africa Mercy.  We are in the process of updating our orientation packet, and we will email it to you when it's completed.  Much of the information you need will be in the email.  The rest of the information you need will be covered in the orientation I give you on your first day.      

During your time here, we will be doing pediatric orthopedics, obstetric fistual, and maxillofacial surgeries. 

I am usually not assigned to my own OR, so I will be available to help you with airways, blocks, children, or anything else you might need.  My goal is to make sure you feel supported, but not smothered!

Looking forward to meeting and working with you!

Blessings,

Brian
  • Hello Brian

Thanks for the Information. That is very comforting to have someone in the background. Iam very much looking forward to seeing everybody and work for some weeks on the ship.

All the best and see you soon

Many Regards

Suzan Trübsbach