New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

New opportunity at mercy ships

I am Emmanuel Ambassa from Cameroon and l have huge background which is Marine engineer graduated from Regional Maritime University Accra Ghana and sheet metal and structural steelworks graduated from Cameroon Technical College. I am working as Mechanic at Alpha Marine Shipping Service which we are on dry dock presently and l wil like to join communauty to serve mercy ship anywhere they can place me and work on the path of Christ to bring hope and healing to poor...

Comments

• ShelleyModisetteShelleyModisette Posts: 28 - Current Staff
    HI Emmanuel,

We are glad you have joined myMercy! Keep an eye on your email for continuing communication from our HR team. 

-Shelley
  • Just for everybody who may sees this post.

We are in general looking for engineers and other technical crew. It isn't always easy to find enough people so if you have such a background go ahead and apply.

It makes life much easier if we have fully staffed teams.

And don't be discouraged by the amount of paperwork in the application. ;-)
  • What are they different positions
    please? 
  • You can find all positions under volunteer -> current opportunities.

In your case you may filter the results with the department filter (marine engineering).

I am not sure if it is possible today to apply for different positions at the same time. (for some people more than one position could be an option)

Maybe somebody from HR could answer that question better than me.

I know that we were lately always short of plumbers, and according to the page we are also looking for mechanic fitters (urgent). There are more positions like HVAC or engine rating (needs the right certificates).

I hope that helps. 

Blessings

Christoph

• Dear sir,

I am delighted to apply for the position of a Trainee Engineer, I am in possession of a marine engine mechanic certificate and Bsc in Marine Engineering which gives me a fore knowledge in marine engineering and I also have a nine months experience off shore and a one month onshore.
    I will be grateful if you grant me the opportunity to serve in your company. Below are attachments of my curriculum vitae

Remain Blessed
  • ShelleyModisetteShelleyModisette Posts: 28 - Current Staff
    Hi everyone,

To answer Christoph's questions about applying for multiple positions: Currently you can only apply for one role at a time. However, feel free to add any additional positions you are qualified for in the comments section of the application.  We can easily have your application reviewed for more than one role on board. 

Also, it is very helpful if you can upload ALL RELEVANT certifications when applying. This decreases the amount of time it takes to process your application.  Be sure to read the "Qualifications required" portion of the job posting as many technical positions have specific training and / or experience requirements.

Please visit apply.mercyships.org for the most current openings. 

• Ali Edwards please l am still waiting for you to proceed my application as engine rating or engine hand. Its just left to you to contact my reference
  • Michelle Wallace please l want to connect you here