New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Cost

Hello! I saw a segment on Fox and Friends this morning about Mercy Ships and my interest was piqued. I have a career background in Human Resources. I wanted to try something new so I became a Regional Manager for Buffalo Wild Wings, responsible for 10 central Indiana locations. I loved both careers, but should I decide to return to the workforce I would most likely choose HR.

In 2009 I started a 501c3 organization for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence, becoming an advocate for both while providing biblical counseling.

I understand volunteers must fund themselves. Could you provide an estimate of cost for both the HR facilitator and the Dining Room Manager?

I have been praying for quite some time for God to use me, show me where He wants me to share His love and be of greatest service for His kingdom. This could be His answer. More prayer and more information are needed to confirm it!

God bless all of you who work together on the Mercy Ships, sharing God's love while bringing hope and healing to those who have neither.

Best regards,

Penny Creek

Comments

• AllyJonesAllyJones Posts: 99
    Hi Penny!

Your experience sounds fab! I'm glad you caught Dana Perino & Dr. Mark Shrime on Fox & Friends.

The cost is the same for every position effectively, it really depends on how long you want to serve for! Different positions have different commitmnet requirements, but both the HR Facilittaor & Dining Room Manager have the same requirements.

If you did either of those roles for the minimum required 12 months, your Crew Fees would be $525 per month if you're from the States (we have different Crew Fees for those from less-developed nations). That covers your accomodation, food, etc.

Hope that helps!

I very much encourage you to apply & you will be in touch with an HR rep who can talk you through all of the costs involved.

Regards,

Ally Jones
  • Beyond your Crew Fees I have been looking at your budget worksheet information and see where for year round staff commitments that the budgeted worksheet would say the average cost for a year long staff member could be as high as $900 a month which would cover paying off your transportation to the site, insurance, and personal expenses. I am wondering what the differences are in potential Insurance costs since the budget sheet says: HEALTH INSURANCE 10 months + $75 - $200.00 per month. I am presently on Medicare with a supplemental insurance plan that covers all my medical expenses in America. What else would I need to pay to meet your medical insurance costs. I am wanting to work on figuring out what my budget would be using these Budget tools since most of my financial support would come from my retirement income and I would need to know whether I would have to do fund raising in order to have the income to meet my budget on the African Mercy Ship.