New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Pediatric Nursing

Hi! My name is Danae Silva. I am a Pediatric Nurse currently in California. This November will be my 2 years as a Pediatric Nurse and I am hoping to serve with Africa Mercy for the 2017- 2018 year. Is general Pediatric experience enough to be accepted? Or what is necessary? Thank You ahead of time for any answers! 

With love,

Danae Silva 

Comments

• DeborahLoudenDeborahLouden Posts: 11
    Hi Danae,

I'm Deb, a peds nurse who worked on the ship for 6 years. Your 2 years of pediatric experience will be valuable! Does this include surgical care of pediatrics? The wards on board are mixed adult and pediatric so it is most likely during your stay on board you will look after both adults and pediatrics on a shift. All patients are surgical, so having post-operative surgical care experience is very valuable. I'm sure you'll love it!

Deb
  • I also wanted to say that if you live in San Diego area, I'd be happy to chat with you about my experience aboard the ship and offer any advice I can. I was with Mercy Ships for 3 years in West Africa first on the Anastasis then the Africa Mercy. :) Jennifer
  • Thank you Deb and Jennifer! 

Jennifer Gerson‍ - I actually just moved to San Diego on a Travel Nurse assignment. If the offer still stands I would love to meet to hear more about Mercy ships!! 
  • Hi Danae,

Here's my e-mail: [email protected]

Shoot me an e-mail and we can exchange information and find a time to meet. :) Jennifer