New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Ward Nurse Uniform

Hey,

So I have a couple questions about the scrubs for the ward nuse. 1) I read Mercy Ships will provide scrubs but, what all sizes do they carry? And, is petite included? I ask this because I am only 5' tall so regular scrub pants are extremely long on me. 2) If we bring our own scrubs, do they have to be a specific color? Thank you, in advance for taking the time to answer. 

Comments

• Hi Sadie!

Thanks for your query!

I've reached out to the Ward Supervisor and here's what she says:

The nurses are expected to wear the scrubs supplied here, and we have are all sizes, including extra small.  Some of the nurses (including tall nurses J) roll them up.

If you want to bring your own pants/trousers, if they are mid blue or navy that would be fine.  On Friday we have ‘funky Friday’ and people where crazy scrubs (or anything that isn’t normal!).  Please bring your own for Friday’s if you have them, as we only have a short supply of the fun scrubs. J

Please let us know if you have any other questions and we look forward to seeing you on the ship!

Tanya Sierra

Hospital Executive Assistant
  • Thank you so much 
    --

! Pura Vida !
  • Funky Friday with crazy scrubs!??😅😂😂
    How crazy can a scrub get!?😄😄