New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Introduce yourself: Hello from Indiana, USA

My name is Jennifer Daggett.  I have been a nurse for 10 years.  My career started in the Emergency Department at Riley Hospital for Children @ IU Health in Indianapolis, IN; a pediatric, Level 1 Trauma Center in Indianapolis.  I have now been in the operating room for 4 years at an adult Level 1 Trauma Center.  My dream of serving with Mercy Ships started 15 years ago.  I was a stay-at-home mother of four.  Our youngest child had just started kindergarten.  My parents had served with Mercy Ships (in non-medical roles) three separate times.  About the same time, my younger sister had a stroke and I spent a week with her in the hospital...surrounded by nurses.  Even then, God was working in my heart.  Long story short....soon thereafter, "60 Minutes" aired a special on Mercy Ships.  I was hooked.  I started nursing school, graduated and now 15 years later I am 6 weeks from flying to serve with Mercy Ships in Benin!!  Although my sister now lives in an Assisted Living facility, I credit her with inspiring my entrance into nursing.  Our children have also followed me into medicine; our oldest daughter is a nurse in Alaska, our oldest son is in Medical School, our younger daughter graduates this May with a degree in Biology with hopes of becoming a Physician's Assistant and our youngest is Pre-med at Indiana University.  A legacy of caring for others.  Who knows, maybe someday we can all serve with Mercy Ships together!  God is so good :)

Comments