New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

April 2nd

I have been accepted as a OR nurse and my first committement  will be april 2nd for 2 weeks. I am so happy and I wish it will be a great experience. I am a french canadian nurse and I hope to meet many people from different country with the same interests as me. I am 52 years old and I am working in Operating room for 20 years. I am very happy.

Comments

• heatherpetersonheatherpeterson admin Posts: 91 admin
    We hope you have an AMAZING time! April will be here before you know it :)
  • Donovan PalmerDonovan Palmer - Current Staff Posts: 17 - Current Staff
    Very glad to have you come work with us.  If I read your profile correctly, you have French as a first language!  It is always very helpful to have crew who can speak French.  Bienvenue! yes
  • LindaKlufasLindaKlufas Posts: 7
    Bonjour Annie

I will be coming to the ship April 9, to work as an OR nurse for 4 weeks.  I have been on the ship several times, and was in Benin previously -- it's always such a neat experience working with amazing people from many countries.   I live near Edmonton, Alberta.  I will look forward to meet you.  If you have any questions that I can help you with, please let me know.  

Linda Klufas
  • Hi Linda, I will be happy to meet you. It will be  my first time on MercyShip. I'm very curious to see how they work on the ship. And I hope to be good enough. I would have too much questions,I don't know where to start LOL. I live in Chicoutimi , Québec. See you soon. 
  • Hi Annie,

My name is Missy Brown.  I am currently the Operating Room Manager aboard the Africa Mercy and professionally an OR Nurse now for over 20 years.  I have been on the ship now for 7 years, and first served as an OR nurse short term then became long term in 2010.  I remember how excited I was to receive the e-mail that I had been accepted to come and serve aboard the Africa Mercy.  I share your excitement.  We look forward to your service in April 2017.  Please know that you can ask any questions you would like as you prepare to come!  I would be happy to share about what it looks like to serve as an OR nurse on board.

Blessings,

Missy
  • Thank you Missy, I am very excited and looking forwards my first experience. I have so much questions about work on MS. Would I need something to bring for work? Or just my shoes? There is such things I would have to know...I don't know where to start...Lol