New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Baking Schedule

I'm interested in the baking position, but am curious of what it entails.  I know there ar 400+ people on board.

-Is there more than one baker?

-How many meals a day would I responsible for?

-Would I have set baking duties each day or would it change?

-How long are the baking shifts?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Martha

Comments

• TesseLovelessTesseLoveless Talent Brand Manager Posts: 90 admin
    Martha,

​Thank you so much for your interest in serving with us! Below are answers to the questions you posed in your post: 

- We have one Baker onboard at a time. We are currently seeking a Baker to join us starting July 2017. We are seeking short-term Cooks to join us as soon as October 2016.

- The Baker is responsible for one full meal Mon-Sat (breakfast), plus all fresh bread and all desserts (there is a second crew member that assists with this)

- The baking duty schedule is fairly set, although if we have special events things that require flexibility,
    - We generally structure shifts similar to North American work schedules, so, approximately 8-hour days and 40-hour workweeks.

I hope this assists you. You're welcome to message me directly if you'd like to learn more! Many thanks!

Tesse

General Recruiter

[email protected]

• Hey Martha

The crew baker goes into work between 4:30-5:00 five days a week and starts making the breakfast. Every field service there are local day crew that come work in the Food Services Department. One of them is designated to work with the baker. They usually start at 5:00 or 6:00 and assist the baker in any of the needs.

There are regularly 400 crew on board. Additionally to that the bakery bakes bread for the 100+ day crew that work each day, 80+/- hospital patients, local clinic and onshore sites. On average it's 100+ loaves of bread a day. They start preparing the bread when the breakfast service is finished and usually get finished with their day around 12:00 or 1:00.

The daily duties are generally the same, but when there are special functions on board there would be additional repsonsibilities. Special functions would include, dessert for National Independance Days, special receptions for local partners or visits by local government authorities. The Food Services Teams put together a large burnch buffet for Christmas and Easter making lots of special items and blowing they crew away with many delights.

When there aren't any functions going then the bakery team would make 2-3 desserts a week as a special bonus for the crew.

Below you can see our current breakfast rotation. Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Josh

b15f23802e6ac6e9aece2d70475cff38-huge-br