New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

A taste of the Africa Mercy Cafe

Welcome to The Africa Mercy Starbucks Cafe where the crew comes to mix and mingle with many departments. Kick back and put your feet up and take a break. In the morning you'll find some homemade treats to go with your favorite coffee or tea. Apple turnovers, fresh croissants, fudge (made by our own Africa Mercy crew) and usually Waffle Fridays. In the afternoons you may have some popcorn and if you're lucky you'll get to try some homemade salsa and chips or enjoy a fresh fruit smoothie. The cafe area is the hub for social meetings, breaktime, fellowship, Trivia nights, Movie nights, piano playing, and board games. Come on over!

Comments

• allisonholiskiallisonholiski International Support CenterPosts: 52 admin
    LOVED the cafe onboard! Not sure how I would have survived the time-change transition without their delicious (but inexpensive) brews and even more awesome baristas. FYI, it's BYOM (bring-your-own-mug)!
  • RyanSweeneyRyanSweeney Posts: 6
    heart FRIDAY WAFFLES heart

I miss friday Waffles :(
  • ElizabethScalaElizabethScala Posts: 2
    Is a piano still on board.  Can it be used for kids daily practice?
  • Jeremy BrewerJeremy Brewer Posts: 82
    Elizabeth,

Great question.  I'm Jeremy, one of the recruiters at Mercy Ships, and I'm happy to help. 

At this time, there are at least two pianos on board.  One is in the Café and another is in the International Lounge.  While the pianos aren't specifically designated for practice by students, they have can be used for students to practice while on board.

I hope this helps!  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Grace and peace,

Jeremy