New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Information about Mercy ship crew fees and other expenses needed for volunteer.

Hi,

I am trying to get more information concerning the Mercy Ship volunteer experience. I read that they are crew fees and other fees associated with the volunteer opportunity. I would appreciate any information that would answer my question.

Thank You,

Brent Duplessis RN, MSN

Comments

• allisonholiskiallisonholiski International Support CenterPosts: 52 admin
    Hi Brent. Thanks for your interest in volunteering with Mercy Ships! 

Details regarding crew fees can be found here:
    https://www.mercyships.org/volunteer/accepted-crew/crew-fees

With kind regards,

Allison
  • Lori ThompsonLori Thompson Posts: 14
    Brent,

Thank you for your inquiry and expressing an interest in gifting your skills and talents to the work of Mercy Ships.  The ability to mobize professionals who volunteer their time and pay their own expenses allows us to maximize other donor support and serve those who need our help the most. 

Depending you your length and frequency of service the fee structure changes.  The 'Crew Fee' is actually the cost of your lodging and 3 meals per day.  Other costs associated with serving include your travel to and from the country we are currently serving and the costs of all of the immunizations necessary to travel abroad.  If you choose to serve for more than 10 months, Mercy Ships requires that you attend their training course which also adds to the cost of service.  

On the Discussions/Accepted Crew/Support Raising section of MyMercy, there are some other helps for budget suggestions and support raising tips.

Because everyone's situation is unique, we welcome your specific questions and look forward to further conversations.

Lori Thompson, FinACE(Accountability, Coaching & Encouragement) Manager