New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

sales staff uniform

Hi, I will be joining the Sales Staff in August, and I was wondering what do people typically wear for working (as it is not a position where there is a specific uniform required). Thanks!

Comments

• Beth ReedBeth Reed Posts: 1
    Hi Courtney! I am currently serving as sales staff and spend most of my time in jeans and a t-shirt! Although there is no uniform, you will still need to stick to the Mercy Ships dress code and it is sensible to avoid loose, baggy sleeves or tassels, and to tie your hair back as you will be working with food and drinks. I hope this helps! (Also sales staff is one of the most fun jobs on the ship so you should be very excited!!)
  • VIRGINIASIMMONSVIRGINIASIMMONS Posts: 6
    I also have been assigned to this area of service. Aren't denim jeans awfully hot clothing for this climate? I see the advice to pack two pair. Wouldn't linen pants be a good choice for the heat? Are we not outside much during the service hours?

Questions of ignorance, my apologies for that!
  • Jeremy BrewerJeremy Brewer Posts: 82
    Hello VIRGINIA SIMMONS‍   I'm Jeremy, a recruiter here at Mercy Ships and I'm happy to help with your question.  Here is a recent post that explores more in depth what the dress code is for Guinea, based upon professional needs on the ship as well as propriety when having a cross-cultural adventure on shore.

I hope this is helpful.  In regards to what type of material is best for the temperatures and climate, please remember that while working on board the ship, you are in an airconditioned environment.  Others who are currently on board may be able to give you more specific advice beyond this.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!  Thank you so much for your willingness to serve and join us as we bring hope and healing to the world's forgotten poor!

Grace and peace,

Jeremy
  • IrmaNoortIrmaNoort Posts: 15

I am currently on board for 1,5 year and does not wear denim jeans at all, too warm.

If you really like jeans and bring them, bring also long tunics if your jeans are tight fitted according the dresscode.