New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Hello! I'm Windsor

Hello everyone - I'm Windsor and have recently been accepted to serve in Benin as a Writer with Mercy Ships starting August 2016!  I can't tell you how excited I am.  I've been reading posts around this site and they have been SUPER helpful and informative.  I look forward to meeting everyone as we set off on this journey together.

I'll be attending the onboarding program in TX starting June.  Anyone else going?  I'd love to chat in advance so feel free to drop me a message! [email protected]

PS - Just bought a duffel bag yesterday at TJ Maxx for $64 :) Love a good deal!! Now to figure out how to fit my life in there...lol

Windsor

Comments

• KellyGrizzardKellyGrizzard Posts: 119
    Windsor,  My wife and I look forward to meeting you in June.  A good duffel bag can be better than a bad friend, unless the bad friend will carry all your stuff.  

Regardless my role is to build relationships with churches that will lead to volunteers like you joining us.

If you will be speaking to any Christian Community and could use some resources let me know I might be able to mail something to you to help with your presentation.

Kelly

• Thanks for joining the community, Windsor! I'm glad you're finding it helpful :)
  • Hi Windsor! I'll be serving as Videographer starting in August as well! Looking forward to meeting you.

- Kat
  • Hi, Windsor - My wife and I will be there in June too (I'll be a photographer).  Looking forward to it!
  • AllyJonesAllyJones Posts: 99
    The Communications team are finding each other! Welcome Windsor, Kat & Miguel.

You guys are joining one of the most exciting & dynamic teams on board the ship where you get to spend some special time with the patients & the Crew.

On Boarding will help you to understand the role that you will all play in the worldwide message, as well as some cultural aspects of interacting with the patients before you speak with the, take their photo or film them being themselves.

I look forward to meeting you all on board the Africa Mercy! Bring your sea legs!

Ally

Africa Mercy HR Director
  • Catherine MurphyCatherine Murphy Posts: 45
    Welcome Windsor! Once upon a time I was the writer on board the AFM - I'll be back in August too (although this time in a very different role).

Still, looking forward to meeting you! I'm biased, but our comms team really is the best. ;)
  • heatherpetersonheatherpeterson Posts: 91 admin
    Looking forward to meeting all of you at On Boarding next month!
  • ShelleyModisetteShelleyModisette Operations Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 48 - Current Staff
    I'm so happy to see our Communications team already getting connected!! It has been fun seeing this team come together and I can't wait to meet you all in June!! yes

Shelley Modisette

General Staffing Manager
  • WindsorMarchesiWindsorMarchesi Posts: 2
    thanks for all the welcoming replies :) very excited to meet everyone! wrapping up everything at home this last week feels weird, but is also so do-able because i have so much to look forward to :) can't wait to meet the team!

see you soon,

Windsor