New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Serving February-May 2016

Hello,

I will be serving in the IT help desk from February 14 to May 7 2016. If anyone has any suggestions or tips for life on board, things you wish you knew before, etc. Please let me know. I'm very excited to be joining the crew and look forward to meeting you all on-board. I've been working with charities and non-profits in software implementation for the last 7 years so I'm excited to be joining one and be at the front lines of the mission.

Thanks,

Jamie

Comments

• KellyGrizzardKellyGrizzard Posts: 119
    James,  Kelly here from HR.  My role is to build relationships with Churches that will lead to someone like you joining us.  I wanted to let you know that if you select the Volunteer Tab above and then select accepted crew.  You will find a lot of useful information about what to expect.

If you should find yourself speaking to churches in any way I have some resources that might help make it easier.

Kelly
  • AllyJonesAllyJones Posts: 99
    Hi James,

You will be joining a great department! I started in the same departmet when I came to the ship. You will have the benfit of meeting everyone who needs help - which is everyone!

Bring some comfortable shoes - you may be getting around the ship quite a bit.

What do you like doing in your spare time? Are you sporty? A gamer? A musician?
  • Hi Ally,

I apologize for the late reply, I didn't see a notification about your message. Thanks for the reply and giving me some heads up on the activities of the IT desk. Getting up and running around and meeting everyone is one of the things I look forward to most. As you probably know IT can involve a lot of sitting and sedintary time so the roaming aspect is a plus for me. In my spare time I like to travel whenever I get the chance, whether it's domestic or across the world. I'm spending a couple weeks on either side of my Mery Ships tenure traveling through South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Madagascar, Tanzania and Kenya. I'm currently in Zambia making my way over to Madagascar today/tomorrow. I like anything that gets adrenaline going, extreme sports, SCUBA diving, cars, motorcycles but I've been working with non-profits for the last 7 years so that has become a passion of mine as well. My gaming is mainly the vintage systems which I have a collection of.  How about you?