New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

My application is already on file, now what?

Hello Everyone,

It's a pleasure being here. I'm really interested in serving, but am only able to commit to 3-4 months for 2016. I have applied for a position and was declined as that job required 6 months.

Is it possible to be on stand-by for unforeseen instances where one may be called upon. Or, should I start all over submitting an new application for an time specific position that I am qualified for?

Thanks kindly!

Comments

• heatherpetersonheatherpeterson Senior Director of Talent Acquisition Posts: 92 admin
    Hi Lois!

Sorry it didn't work out for you for this field service. We do keep waiting lists and try to have contingency plans in place just in case of unforseen circumstances. You'll get an email with your application details and status. No need to complete a new application at this time!

Hope you are well!

Heather Peterson

Staffing Manager
  • Thanks Heather! It's great meeting up with you again. You were very kind and helpful to me last week...much appreciated! Count me in for being on a back-up for contingency plans. I am moving forward with my vaccines and putting everything in place, just in case I may be needed. In the mean time, I will continue to review the site for other open opportunities, there being will submit interest.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Lois

• Hi All,
    I'm pleased to report that I was officially welcomed to the Mercy Ships team for June 5, 2016. My sincere thanks to Kirstin for her reply to my questios and to Kimberly and Heather for working with me. I'm so looking forward to meeting the rest of you guys onboard.

Sincerely,
    Lois