Bank Account

jordanaveryjordanavery Member Posts: 2

Hi! I am going to be serving on the Mercy Ships and I was wondering how the onboard banking works. Can you transfer out of the account into a personal one to pay fees and such in your home country? I live in Canada and will have to put a bunch of my stuff into storage while I am away and I don't know if I will need to have someone else to pay that for me or if there is a way for me to pay it myself.

Thanks!

Comments

• AllyJonesAllyJones Director of Global Recruiting Administrator Posts: 125 admin

Hi @jordanavery,

The Crew Bank account on board can be used to pay for Crew Fees, withdraw some personal spending money in local currency, and pay for stuff onboard. We suggest you keep some money in your personal account at home to pay fees at home.

The Finance team on the ship can initiate transfers to home accounts, but you will need to be aware of any tax or other implications on doing so to your home nation.

Hope that helps.

• alphonsedoe+alphonsedoe+ Member Posts: 2

Please does this mean that while serving the ship will be giving some allowances to volontiers through the crew banking system?