New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

which role would be best??

Dear team, my husband and I are hoping to join the end of 2021. I am a midwife with nursing back ground although I have let my nursing registration lapse as I did not feel it was relevant anymore to my role as a midwife. Would I be able to work in a medical role (as most of the work I do is still nursing related) or would it be better to look at a different role on board?

Thank you

Dot

Comments

• mitchelgmitchelg Engagement Coordinator Posts: 74 admin

@dot-steve-2020

We would love to have you onboard. The best place to discover where you can volunteer is at https://opportunities.mercyships.org. You will find opportunity descriptions, requirements and other information to help you decide. Blessings!

• dot-steve-2020dot-steve-2020 Posts: 2

dear Mitchelg, My husband and I are really keen to come, its just that I wonder if I can apply for nursing job if my qualification is a midwife. I know that the two often overlap when it comes to doing post operation observations and medical care, but I would like some advise as to whether I can apply for that kind of job, or if its better to look for a different volunteering job

Thank you

• forwardsforwards Posts: 1

Greetings,

It would be a pleasure to have you serve with us. Due to the protocol signed with the country we are serving, it is required to have an active RN license for our nursing roles. We would also be blessed to welcome you in one of our many non-medical roles. Please feel free to send me an email directly as well to med.recruiter.ioc@mercyships.org