Be a Hero and join our Engineering Team

mitchelg
mitchelg Engagement CoordinatorMember, Administrator Posts: 75 admin

Marine engineers like Laurin Avara belong to our community of heroes, making the Mercy Ships mission possible every day.

This tough team of engine officers, electricians, HVAC/R technicians, and mechanic fitters work at the heart of our vessels, using their skills to deliver hope in Africa.

Imagine the difference we can make together. Join us! 

https://opportunities.mercyships.org/marine-engineering/hvac-refrigeration-technician/

#heroesofmercy

#mercyships

#volunteer

Photo Credit: John Seddon

Comments

• sammyib69
    sammyib69 Member Posts: 0

Hi,

What qualifications/ experience do you need to be an engine hand and what are their duties?

I have a level 2 diploma in maritime electrical/ mechanical mechanics, theory certificate. But do not have any practical experience...

Thank you

• AliCupp
    AliCupp Moderator Posts: 41 - Current Staff

Hello @sammyib69,

Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Mercy Ships!

You can find our Engine Hand position summary on our Opportunities page here. The required qualifications for the role are VI/1 Basic Training, VI/6-1 Security Awareness, and an I/9 Medical Certificate. If you do not hold these certificates, Mercy Ships may be able to help you in obtaining these trainings if you are interested in volunteering long-term. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please send me an email at [email protected]

Together we can bring hope and healing!

Ali Edwards

• georesse
    georesse Member Posts: 10

Hey . How're You doing?

Please I would like to know when mercyship get back to africa?