New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Volunteering

Hi! I will be graduating from nursing school in December and will hopefully be receiving my license in late January/early February of next year. I want to apply to volunteer in 2021, but I will not yet have worked as an RN. Are there volunteer opportunities for nurses with limited clinical experience? Thank you!

Sincerely,

Maddison Gostin

Comments

• DawnCrowtherDawnCrowther Surgical Staffing Manager Posts: 35 - Current Staff

Hi Maddison,

Thank you for your interest in serving with Mercy Ships. Congratulations on graduating soon from nursing school! We would love for you to apply for one of our nursing positions, but you will need to wait until you have two years of nursing experience. If you are open to serving in a role outside of the Hospital Department, then that could be an option to consider for 2021. If your preference is to only work in a nursing role, then you will need the two years of clinical experience to apply for one of the nursing positions. The different Departments and their available positions are posted on our Volunteer Opportunities page.

Sincerely, Dawn Crowther

Surgical Staffing Manager