New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

VISA to Spain

Hello, I am working on getting a VISA to visit the Canary Islands. Is that possible right now? I am from Albuquerque, New Mexico in the United States. What kind of VISA do people typically get to travel from the US to Tenerife? Does our volunteer coordinator help us make travel plans?

Lindsey

Comments

• lindsey.nj.20lindsey.nj.20 Posts: 6

Also, is there a Spain guidebook? I have not been able to find the country specific guidebooks.

• AliCuppAliCupp Posts: 23 - Current Staff

Hi Lindsey,

Thank you for applying to serve with Mercy Ships!

Once your review is complete and you receive your Offer Letter your Volunteer Coordinator will provide you with further information regarding booking flights, where to book flights to, as well as a recommended travel agency to help with your travel plans. Since you are from the US, Spain does not currently require a VISA and your Volunteer Coordinator will provide you with any travel documentation needed before you travel.

I recommend reviewing our Shipyard Volunteer Guidebook here: https://indd.adobe.com/view/e6229bce-1f44-4fcb-b3ea-ab2486453fbe.

Please let me or your Volunteer Coordinator know if you have any further questions that we can help with at this time.

Thank you!

• ZachParkerZachParker Posts: 5

As an American, you may travel to the European Union via the Visa Waiver Program.

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 210 admin

@lindsey.nj.20

Hi Lindsey,

Although it's true that you may travel to the European Union under the Visa Waiver Program, the EU is currently closed to citizens of the USA and will likely remain so for several months. In order to travel to the ship in the Canary Islands, you will need special permission from Spanish immigration, which we will obtain for you. Please be sure not to book flights until you have received your Offer Letter and have been given the "green light" from your Volunteer Coordinator to do so. Your Volunteer Coordinator will then provide you with the documents and you will need and will give you special instructions for this current travel situation.

Thank you for your desire to serve with Mercy Ships!