New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

As a New Member of the Mercy Ships Team: Hello!

TesseLovelessTesseLoveless Talent Brand ManagerPosts: 90 admin
Hello, friends!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself. As of yesterday, I joined the IOC Recruitment Team as the new General Recruiter. 

Before partnering with Mercy Ships, I worked in volunteer/donor recruitment in the blood bank industry for almost 5 years. Previous to that, I interned with the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), an independent U.S. foreign aid agency that is helping lead the fight against global poverty. My studies while attending university were focused on global politics and international development, specifically within the structure of sustainability. I'm thrilled to lend my energy and skill set towards the mission of Mercy Ships for the world's forgotten poor.

Can't wait to get to know each of you, and serve along side you.

Sincerely,

Tess

"Here we see what compassion means. It is not a bending toward the underprivileged from a privileged position; it is not a reaching out from on high to those who are less fortunate below; it is not a gesture of sympathy or pity for those who fail to make it in the upward pull. On the contrary, compassion means going directly to those people and places where suffering is most acute and building a home there." - Henri Nouwen, Compassion

Comments