New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Greetings, I’m new and in the process of filing an application. I’m a retired Fire Division chief with over 34 years in the California fire service. I am a licensed Eucharist Minister by the Episcopal Diocese of CA, and serve at St John’s Episcopal Church in Ross, CA. I also serve Eucharist to those in need in the community shuttered at home, facilities, and hospitals. Looking to continue my community service in retirement. I’ve been patiently waiting for Gods sign and calling and believe I found it humbly serving people in need with Mercy Ships.

Comments

• AllyJonesAllyJones Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi Chief!

Thrilled to hear that you're filling out an application to serve with us. We look forward to hearing from you.

Did you know, as a ship, we also have our own fire teams? Long-term Crew who pass a maritime Basic Training, including fire-fighting training, make up our fire teams on board, under the command of the Captain. I served in a fire team for a few years; an incredibly important role on board, and the drills were always interesting!!