New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Dining Room Server

My daughter is going to be serving in the dining room beginning in August 2020. I noticed they provide a shirt and pants for servers. My question is should she bring extra along or does Mercy Ships provide a clean one each day? Also she is quite prone to bug and mosquito bites. She will be taking her anti malaria medicine but should she also have a mosquito net? Thank you. Wendi Sauder

Best Answer

Answers

• arfmannbarfmannb Posts: 2

@baileymaddi That is exciting to hear your daughter is serving this August! Let me do my best to answer your question. The Dining Room is a great place to be onboard for community, fun, and gathering.

The Dining Room provides a uniform- tops and bottoms, plus cool hats! The uniforms are cleaned every day; she won't need to take extra. However, she will need to bring her own closed-toe shoes, and we would encourage bringing some old t-shirts to wear under the uniform if she so chooses.

She will need bug spray for sure, but won't need a mosquito net unless she is planning on staying ashore, which some people do. It's not essential.