New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Mohammed Sannie Ankrah

akwakwa_3003akwakwa_3003 ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN Posts: 1

Please I would like to volunteer. This is my first time of applying an offshore job but don’t have sea experience. I hold BSc Marine Electrical Electronics engineering from Regional Maritime University in Ghana. I have land experience in telecommunications(power option) and mining industry. I would like to ask if there is any opportunity for me as a trainee since it’s my first time of an offshore job. I also posses BOSIET and a discharge book.

Answers

• AliCuppAliCupp Posts: 23 - Current Staff

Hi Mohammed,

We are thankful for your interest in volunteering with Mercy Ships!

We have an electrical team onboard consisting of a Chief Electrician, three Electricians, and an Electronics Technician. We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available onboard, you can see all of the positions here: https://apply.mercyships.org/. You can sort by position, department, minimum commitment, and our urgent needs. To review the roles within our electrical team, you may sort by department "Marine Engineering".

If you have any questions or would like more information, you may reach me via email at [email protected], I will be happy to assist you.

Together we can bring hope and healing!