New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

I have a hotel certificate,/Can I find a volunteer opportunity with you?

Hello, My name is Mudar, 32 years old, I have a hotel certificate, 5 years experience

I take pride and honor in being a volunteer with you to ensure safety and security for people

Answers

• AliCuppAliCupp Posts: 13 - Current Staff

Hi Mudar,

Thanks for your interest in volunteering with Mercy Ships! We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available, including a hotel department onboard! If you haven't already, you can see all of our volunteer positions here: https://apply.mercyships.org/CurrentOpportunities.aspx. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about volunteering with Mercy Ships, you can reach me directly at [email protected]

Together we can bring hope and healing!

• 8dieynaba+8dieynaba+ Posts: 1

Hello, what are the different steps in the application

• AliCuppAliCupp Posts: 13 - Current Staff

Hi there,

If you haven't already, you can review all of the volunteer opportunities that we offer onboard here: https://apply.mercyships.org/. When you find a position that you believe suits your skills and interests you can apply by clicking "More Info" and "Apply" on the position of your choosing. You will be asked to create an online account then work through the application sections. Once you have completed all sections you will submit your application and receive an email confirmation. At that point, your application goes to our staffing team who will be in contact with you through the Message Center of your application portal for the remainder of your application! Your assigned Volunteer Coordinator will be your main point of contact who will collect any further information from you, send your application for a formal review, then hopefully provide you with dates of service with Mercy Ships and work with you through all the details until you arrive onboard.

If you have any questions about a specific role, Mercy Ships overall, or the application process you may contact me via email at [email protected], I will be happy to assist you.

Together we can bring hope and healing!