COVID-19: How Mercy Ships is Responding
As COVID-19 continues to progress, Mercy Ships is more dedicated than ever to the continued safety of our patients and volunteer crew.
The current situation of COVID-19, highlighted by the W.H.O.'s announcement of the designation of COVID-19 as a pandemic and the increasing travel restrictions applied by several countries, have made it increasingly difficult for Mercy Ships to continue to carry out its programs to the required standards, while protecting against the possible spread of the virus.
Therefore, in line with the measures taken by the President of Senegal with the Ministry of Health, Mercy Ships has decided to scale back the programmatic operations of our mission in Senegal to the basic functions we need to care for our current patients and safely operate a ship.
While we regret these measures, we are convinced that they are necessary for the safety and well-being of all concerned.
What this means for you:
- Current Crew: the Human Resources team onboard is working with current crew to identify a path forward for each volunteer, based on their position and departure plans.
- Incoming Crew: our Staffing Team is working with incoming crew on a case-by-case basis, based on their position and travel plans.
- Accepted Crew: our Staffing Team will work with accepted crew concerning future service dates, based on how our service capacity and schedule changes in the coming weeks. Please stay tuned.
- Alumni: you can expect a newsletter forthcoming from your Mercy Ships alumni contact. Please stay tuned.
- Talent Pool: you can expect a newsletter forthcoming from our Staffing Team. Please stay tuned.
As we face these challenging events, we would like to thank you for your ongoing prayers and support for Mercy Ships and our mission to bring hope and healing to the world’s forgotten poor.
If you have immediate questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Together, we can bring hope and healing.
Who's Online in this Category0
- 496 Introduce Yourself
- 235 Working Onboard
- 95 Working Onboard - General
- 75 Working Onboard - Medical
- 50 Working Onboard - Technical
- 115 Crew Life
- 174 Application Process
- 109 Ship-Bound
- 42 Alumni
- 89 National Offices
- 6 Mercy Ships Australia
- 1 Mercy Ships Belgium
- 12 Mercy Ships Canada
- 1 Mercy Ships Denmark
- Mercy Ships France
- 12 Mercy Ships Germany
- 2 Mercy Ships Holland
- 3 Mercy Ships Korea
- 6 Mercy Ships New Zealand
- 1 Mercy Ships Norway
- Mercy Ships Southern Africa
- 4 Mercy Ships Spain
- 1 Mercy Ships Sweden
- 1 Mercy Ships Switzerland
- 22 Mercy Ships United Kingdom
- 16 Mercy Ships United States
- 10 Resources
- 30 Help