New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Need to have information about the mechanic’s daily tasks please,and planning maintenance operations

I’m applying for the mechanic position and I’m trying to figure out what to expect and what to prepare for if I’m accepted.

Comments

• lebary03lebary03 Posts: 1

Greetings! 

Thanks for your interest in the position. 

My name is Manda and I'm the Transport and Maintenance Manager onboard the Africa Mercy.

The main task required of the vehicle mechanic is to maintain our 20+ vehicles. The repair varies from regular maintenance to heavy work (such us removing the engine to replace the clutch and doing A/C work).

Typically, your work hours would be from 0800 to 1700 (8a-5p) everyday, Monday through Friday.

Our vehicles are used a lot in town and provinces in the country we are serving. You would also need to be willing to be called upon, outside of normal work hours, to assist with vehicle breakdowns if/when they occur. 

If you have other questions, feel free to ask. 

Blessings, 

Manda

• ShelleyModisetteShelleyModisette Operations Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 55 - Current Staff

Hi Vladimir,

In addition to Manda's description, here is a link to another myMercy post that may also be helpful.

https://mymercy.mercyships.org/discussion/1163/what-does-a-vehicle-mechanic-do-on-board

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!