New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Introducing myself

Hello.

I am 35 years old, with a BA in Nursing and a Degree in Intensive Care, from Denmark. The first 6 years of my career I worked in a surgical ward (gastro) in Copenhagen, I have also been to Greenland for 4 months working in the Gynological/Obstetric ward in Nuuk. The last 4 years I´ve spent working at, and obtaining my Degree in Intensive Care, at an ICU ward in Copenhagen. I have a real passion for travelling and experiencing the world and it´s people, I very much look forward to serving on the Mercy Africa and meeting the people working and visiting the ship. Some of my interests include; music, books, film, creative stuff (drawing and so on), laughing/having fun:) I will be arriving on the 12th of January, and serving from then until the 21th og March. See you soon!

Comments

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 210 admin

@GitteAndreasen

Hello Gitte,

Thank you for being one of our awesome volunteers who are bringing hope and healing to West Africa!

I am very excited for you to be serving with us, and I hope your time onboard the Africa Mercy is very rewarding.

• aminata18aminata18 Posts: 2

Hello

My name is camara aminata I'm Guinea conakry I studied Business Administration at koffi annah university of Guinea conakry I have taught in an orphanage school called God is love mission school for fews years. once a day crew in 2018/2019.Now I will be serving in African mercyship soon which is really a great miracle for me. I hope I'm welcome

@aminata18

Hi Camara,

We are excited that you will be returning to the Africa Mercy - this time in Senegal as crew! We hope you have a wonderful experience serving onboard. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have as you prepare to serve with us.

• KimMarlattKimMarlatt Posts: 14

Hi Gitte

My name is Kim and I will be heading for the ship March 13-April 10, I will be the lead in the general surgery room so I hope our paths will cross as we will be there for a little bit together.

Enjoy your humbling experience as this will be my second service on the ship.

Kim

@GitteAndreasen

Hi Gitte,

It was nice to meet you on the ship the other day! I hope your time serving onboard the Africa Mercy will be amazing. 😄