New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Introducing myself

Hello future co-workers! My name is Eva, I'm 47 years old, from Norway. Will be serving as a ward nurse from Jan-March 2020. This is my first time serving with Mercy Ships, and I'm so excited to be a part of this. I'm in the final stages of preparations. At the moment I try to figure out how to plan my budget. Any tips on that?

I am a nurse with 22 years experience, most recently from medical wards. I am also an oncology nurse. I will embark on this adventure with a good friend of mine, we work together as nurses on the same ward.

Anyone else serving as ward nurses within the same period? Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you all in January!

Comments

• mitchelgmitchelg Engagement Coordinator Posts: 34 admin

We look forward to having you onboard Eva! Thank you so much for your service with us! I am sure you will receive some great insight from our community that has experience. Another great resource you can access i our fiNAce department. They can help you with budgeting. Blessings!

• Hi @sykkelfisk !

I am the FinACE Facilitator here at Mercy Ships and I am happy to help.

I sent you a message in the applicant Portal on October 23rd that includes a sample budget and information regarding your Crew Fees that should help you have a better idea of the type of funding you will need to have.

Please feel free to reach out to us there if you have any additional question and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Blessings!

• sykkelfisksykkelfisk Mrs Posts: 3

Hi @MichelleWallace ! I have sent you a reply today through the message center. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time and effort. Blessings!

• SummerRosenbalmSummerRosenbalm Medical Staffing Manager Posts: 24 - Current Staff

Hi Eva,

We are so excited to have you join as a Ward Nurse! I hope you have a great time on board!

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 148 admin

Hi Eva,

I echo the sentiments of the others...we are excited to have you serve onboard the Africa Mercy as a Ward Nurse, and you hope your time of service is very rewarding.

• CarolineKirchnerCarolineKirchner Posts: 35 ✭✭

Eva,

You will have a memorable time on the ship. You will never be the same....totally changed for the good! Our daughter, Beth, is serving now in the AFM Academy as the kindergarten teacher. Be sure to look her up! I volunteered for 6 short weeks in 2016 and we have another daughter who served during her gap year between high school and university. So we are a Mercy Ships family! :-)

May the Lord bless you as you embark on a God size adventure!

Warmly,

Caroline

Mercy Ships Alumni, Mercy Shippers’ mom, Mercy Ships Friend and Supporter

• sykkelfisksykkelfisk Mrs Posts: 3

Thank you @CarolineKirchner ! I totally agree with you that life can never be the same after such an adventure. How cool it is to be an alumni and a mercy shippers mom. That is really a true blessing. Thank you for reaching out! I'll look up Beth when I get on board, definitely. Tell her to be on the lookout for me!

Best Regards,

Eva