New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Palliative Care Team?

I've just applied for a palliative care nurse position posted for Aug/21. Does anyone know what this position looks like? What other positions are on the palliative care team? Posting says the service is off the ship in people's homes. Does the nurse return to the ship each night or do we stay in communities for a while?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Jane

Comments

• SummerRosenbalmSummerRosenbalm Medical Staffing Manager Posts: 24 - Current Staff

Hi Jane,

Thank you for reaching out about this role! The Palliative Care team consists of a Palliative Care Nurse Team Leader and a Palliative Care Nurse. The Palliative Care team is housed on the ship and commutes to patients' homes, typically a maximum of one hour away from the ship.

The Palliative Care Nurse spends about an hour or hour and a half with each patient and discusses current symptoms, administers medications as needed, trains and assists family members with wound care, and provides holistic end-of-life care for the patient.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help!

Summer Rosenbalm

• janefoxyjanefoxy Posts: 2

Thank you Summer, Jane