New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

IMS course

Hello form Australia,

In March of this year I was fortunate enough to be part of the Introductory to Mercy Ships course in Rotterdam Holland. What a wonderful experience it was to learn everything there is to know about serving on board the Africa Mercy. The weekend aboard the ship "Horizon " brought together 24 wonderful people from all walks of life with one thing in common - their desire to serve God, help the poor and make a difference to peoples lives.

I came home to Australia and immediately put in my application !! I am now in the talent pool for the sales department.

I am so looking forward to serving in any way God wishes to use me,

Blessings from Darwin Australia

Chrissie

Comments

• drimweeverdrimweever Mr Posts: 11

Hi Chrissie, thanks for your wonderful message. I think we all have same motivation as you have experienced. I am very delighted to see how lives have been transformed through MercyShip with the help of professional volunteers, non-professionals and the financial support from donors worldwide. It's a place for everyone with the desire to serve God and restore humanity.

I am also in the talent pool and happy I will be part of the crew as a Purser and Receptionist soon I hope.

Looking forward to see you.

Peter.

• MelissaMasonMelissaMason Posts: 17

Hi Chrissie,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your IMS experience and it encouraged you to submit your application to serve on board. Don't forget to reach out to your Volunteer Coordinator or myself if you have any questions while waiting in the Talent Pool. We can't wait to see you on the ship someday soon!

Blessings,

Melissa

• CynthiaHarrisCynthiaHarris Posts: 27 - Current Staff

@chrissie

Thank you for your inspirational post! May many others from all walks of life and experience share...and act on your expressed desires to serve God, help the poor and make a difference in peoples' lives by serving with Mercy Ships in the future.

Looking forward,

Cynthia Harris