New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Personal Supplies

VIRGINIASIMMONSVIRGINIASIMMONS Posts: 14
edited September 22 in Working Onboard - General

I will bring some body soap and shampoo and razors. My question; can we leave unused items onboard when we leave, for a communal cupboard? Yes, if unopened or unused? Half a bottle of shampoo?

Purpose: So others do not have to buy, if they run out. (Obviously, not a used soap bar.)

Comments

• HannahMulvihillHannahMulvihill Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi @VIRGINIASIMMONS . Yes, we have a little free 'shop' for this purpose on deck two called the boutique. Any unused items will be gratefully snapped up by some other crew who may not be able to get home to top up their toiletry supplies/clothes/other items. Full items would probably be more popular rather than used but I'm sure the cabin mates you share with may also accept some kind donations.

Thanks for asking!

Hannah- UK Crew Support Coordinator

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 142 admin

@VIRGINIASIMMONS Thank you very much for being one of our awesome volunteers! I hope your time onboard is even better than you imagine it will be.

• TraceyBartulaTraceyBartula Posts: 9

Great question @VIRGINIASIMMONS. Looking forward to having you on board!

• DawnCrowtherDawnCrowther Surgical Staffing Manager Posts: 30 - Current Staff

Hi @VIRGINIASIMMONS Crew Members are encouraged to bring a supply in line with what their needs will be during their time on board. Departing Crew Members typically take extra products home with them or offer extra products to cabin mates, neighbors, or coworkers before they leave! May your preparations go smoothly as you get ready to serve on the Africa Mercy. We are very grateful to have you as one of our crew members.