New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Applied for Mechanic/Fitter position in Senegal

Hey!

I'm from Australia and have a trade as an aircraft maintenance engineer (mechanical). I have applied to serve on the African Mercy from early February until the end of May 2020, while it's docked in Dakar.

I have asked for my application to be assessed for both the Hotel Engineer and the Mechanic/Fitter positions as I have the skills for either. I am keen to serve and would love to know how to get ready for the ship. As such, I would like to book flights etc. as soon as possible.

Does anyone know how long it takes for HR to get in touch? I have sent a message and am awaiting a response. Is there someone I should email, perhaps someone in the Engineering/Maintenance department?

Thanks!

Blessings,

James

Comments

• ShelleyModisetteShelleyModisette Operations Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 48 - Current Staff

Hi James,

Thank you for applying to volunteer with Mercy Ships! I'll make sure your Volunteer Coordinator reaches out today.

• AliCuppAliCupp Posts: 2 - Current Staff

Hi James,

Thanks for joining our myMercy community!

We ask volunteers to please wait to book flights until they receive their official Offer Letter and are prompted to by your Volunteer Coordinator who will provide you with further information on how and where to book your flights.

Your Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to you today, but if you have any questions I am happy to assist you.

Thank you!

Ali Edwards

• jamesmoran7jamesmoran7 Posts: 3

Thank you Shelley & Ali, I am in touch with my coordinator.

Blessings