New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Off Days and a few days away from ship

LaurenDouglasLaurenDouglas Posts: 1
edited August 22 in Working Onboard - Medical

Hi Everyone, I will be joining Mercy Ships as a ward nurse in February and March 2019. I just have one question to keep my husband happy. I am planning to have my Husband visit approx half way through my trip and he will stay in a hotel in Dakar. Is it possible for us to swap shifts or arrange shifts so that I could get approx 4 days off in a row and I would stay with my husband in the hotel?

Also, in relation to this, are there any restrictions or formalities I would need to take so that I can stay off the ship for a few nights?

Thanks in advance and really looking forward to meeting everyone on board.

Lauren

Comments

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 132 admin

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for being one of our amazing volunteers! I am excited for you to be serving onboard.

Unfortunately, I doubt it would be possible for you to have four days off in a row. It would be very difficult to accommodate this. As a short-term volunteer, serving for the minimum commitment of eight weeks, you are not entitled to any PTO time.

There would indeed be some formalities for you to work through in order to stay off ship for a few nights.

I would like to encourage you to contact your Volunteer Coordinator, Brianna Tucker, regarding these questions.

Thank you for helping to bring hope and healing to Senegal!