New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Introducing myself - Paediatric Ward nurse 27 October to 28 December

Hi everyone, I have just been given these dates and am very excited. It will be my first placement and I am feeling a bit anxious about getting all the vaccines and checks in time. Anyone else serving over Xmas? Any tips about life on the paediatric wards?

Comments

• SummerRosenbalmSummerRosenbalm Medical Staffing Manager Posts: 16 - Current Staff

Hi Liz,

We are so excited to have you join us! There are several other nurses serving over Christmas, so you won't be alone. I know that you are from the UK, so getting the Physician's Evaluation quickly can be a bit tricky. We do have a little wiggle room since we have about 2 months to prepare.

Your Volunteer Coordinator, Brianna Tucker, will be reaching out to you soon regarding next steps. As long as we get your documents by the deadlines, you will be fine to arrive by 27 October 2019.

Remember that we are here for you every step of the way. Hannah Mulvihill at the UK National Office is another great resource as well if you have UK specific questions.

Kind regards,

Summer Rosenbalm

• carastaffordcarastafford Posts: 3

Hi Liz,

I'm starting in just a few days on the Pediatric Ward for my first time, and will be throughout your service term! Excited to meet you!

Cara Stafford

• lizfindleylizfindley Posts: 4

That's great, Cara, I look forward to meeting you. So excited now!

Regards Liz

• Liz,

Christmas is such a fun time on the ship! We visited our daughters who were serving on the ship, yes both of them, over the Christmas and New Years of ‘16 and we had a blast. (In fact my profile picture is from the delightful New Years’ Eve party in midships as we welcomed 2017). It was a special Christmas for us that we will always cherish and never forget. One of our daughters, Beth Kirchner, still serves on the ship as the kindergarten teacher in the AFM Academy. Please look for her when you get on board. God’s blessings to you!

-Caroline Kirchner

• lizfindleylizfindley Posts: 4

Thank you for your lovely message, xmas sounds wonderful. By Xmas, I hope to have made lots of new friends too, so it should be a special time. I will look out for Beth when I serve too.

Best Regards

Liz