New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Introducing myself - OR Nurse 12 October - 9 November 2019

Hi

My name is Alison. I come from Scotland and this will be my first time serving on the Mercy Ship. I am excited and looking forward to working with and meeting new people. I am wondering if there is anyone travelling on the same date as me? I’ll be flying from Edinburgh to Brussels on 12 October and then on to Dakar. It would be great to have a travel buddy.

Comments

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 122 admin

@AlisonNicolson We are very excited that you will be serving onboard the Africa Mercy soon! Hope you find a travel buddy. Many blessings as you prepare for your service.

• DawnCrowtherDawnCrowther Surgical Staffing Manager Posts: 25 - Current Staff

@AlisonNicolson Hi Alison, it is so nice to see you here on myMercy! We are very grateful to have you serving with the OR Team in Oct and Nov 2019.

You may find this tip helpful as you look for a travel buddy. About one week (maybe sooner) prior to arriving on the ship, the names of incoming crew and their flight # are added to a list maintained by the Purser's office. As an accepted crew member with access to Navigator, you can look at the Arrival List and see if someone else is on your flight into Dakar. If there is, then you could search myMercy to learn if they are logged into this online community and then send them a message.

When are you in Navigator, the link can be found HERE. Be sure to select ARRIVAL at the very top of the page as there are 3 lists in this 1 document.

Have a wonderful trip to the Africa Mercy and may your service on board be a very special time. -Dawn

• AlisonNicolsonAlisonNicolson Posts: 2

Hi Dawn

Thank you, that sounds great.

Alison