New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

PACU/Recovery Room Nurse

My name is Caysi and I will be on board January 4-25th! This will be my first, of hopefully many, trips with AFM. I cannot wait! Would love any input of what a day in the life of the OR looks like and of a PACU nurse if anyone has any insight!

Comments

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 122 admin

@caysibones Thank you for being one of our amazing volunteers! I hope all goes well as you prepare to serve and that your time onboard is abundantly blessed.

• LoriBreyLoriBrey Posts: 2 - Current Staff

Hi Caysi,

So happy to see you connected on myMercy. You will find some valuable information and connections with other volunteers on here. It has been a pleasure working with you through the application process. I'm very excited for you.

• DawnCrowtherDawnCrowther Surgical Staffing Manager Posts: 25 - Current Staff

@caysibones Hello! I noted in another post that I'm following -up on some info for you. @MelissaDavey was the PACU Nurse Team Leader last year and HERE is one post she made with some PACU info. Thank you for committing to serve with Mercy Ships! - Dawn