New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Introducing Myself! Peds Ward nurse starting August 25

Hi Y'all!

I'm Cara. I will be serving as a nurse on the Peds Ward for 6 months, Aug 25, 2019 thru Feb 29, 2020. I am originally from Mississippi, but have been a travel nurse for the past 7 years. I've worked all over the U.S.! I am truly excited about this opportunity to serve onboard. I enjoy exploring new places, meeting new people, hiking/camping, and college football (does anyone know if watching the occasional game is a possibility?) I have been looking at everyone's helpful tips, and appreciate all the insight!

Can't wait to meet everyone and start serving along side you!

Comments

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 92 admin

@carastafford

Hi Cara! I want to begin by thanking you for being one of our amazing volunteer Paediatric Ward Nurses! We are excited for your upcoming service onboard the Africa Mercy.

I know it's possible to watch some of the "bigger" games (NFL). I don't know about college games, but they do get ESPN, so it should be possible. Hope that helps.

• CynthiaHarrisCynthiaHarris Posts: 12 - Current Staff

@carastafford

Cara,

Your excitement at serving is contagious! I hope your time on board will be fulfilling and fruitful. And I hope you find some football fans with which to watch a game or two. :)

Cynthia Harris, HR Administrative Assistant

• CarolineKirchnerCarolineKirchner Posts: 27

You will find American football fans! Look for the kindergarten teacher, Miss Beth. She’s a fan (and my daughter). She says if someone has a CBS All Access subscription, or something of the sort, that games are shown in midships or in smaller conference rooms. Thanks for your service! You will be on a great adventure!

-Caroline (mom to two Mercy Shippers and one herself)

• jharrah1jharrah1 Posts: 1

• JulieMcKayJulieMcKay Posts: 4

Hi, Cara!

I will be on Africa Mercy August 24- Nov 2 as a physician. I look forward to working with you, and also hiking/camping!

• SummerRosenbalmSummerRosenbalm Posts: 11 - Current Staff

Hi Cara,

We are so excited to have you join as a Paediatric Ward Nurse! I hope you have an amazing time on board the Africa Mercy!

-Summer Rosenbalm

Medical Staffing Manager