New To myMercy? Click Here to read our "How To" guide!
To view current volunteer opportunities, Click Here!

Akuna Matata

Hello, everyone,

My name is Emerlinda, a young graduate in State Doctorate in Medicine, currently an intern in paediatrics where I intend to specialize despite the difficulties I am currently facing, because I love children even though I don't have any yet.

I am Cameroonian, having studied in Guinea Conakry and most of my volunteering in fact I am both an activist (national observer of the 2015 presidential elections), and a humanist I fought a lot in Guinea during my studies for the cause of orphans (HIV testing, free malaria and donations of medicines.., Donations of food with an average sustainability date of less than 1 month following a partnership with the city's supermarkets, voluntary courses for elementary and primary classes, fight against diseases of faecal peril through training in prevention measures and therefore hygiene materials), I also won the 2nd prize of the hackaton on health risk communication. I am bilingual but express myself better in French than in English. Currently I am looking for a job.

My passion is to really impact the world around me, young and old, and to be impacted in turn, my hobbies: music, dancing, volunteering, African cuisine, reading, video games, laughing and making others laugh, hiking, travelling.

We look forward to being with you, here are some links  

Comments

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 147 admin

@emerlinda Hello Emerlinda! Thank you for your interest in Mercy Ships. At this time, we do require all of the doctors who serve with us to have two years of practicing experience, following licensure. Once you have completed this requirement, you would be welcome to apply. However, I do want to make you aware that all of our doctors are volunteers. There are no paid positions with us working on one of the ships.

I wish you all the best as you pursue your internship!

• emerlindaemerlinda Posts: 2

Hello @AndreaSchmid , and thank you for the answer 

I love volunteering, I have always done it, if I can have a roof over my head or sleep and a meal to serve those in need, that makes me happy.

Sincerely Emerlinda