New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Introducing Myself!

Hi there!

My name is Anna, I am 20 years old and I will be coming to work in Senegal from August 2019- June 2020! I will be working as a HOPE Center facilitator. A few things about me... I come from a small town on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I love art, traveling, reading. I'm excited to get to know Dakar and make some new friends!

Comments

• anamalattaanamalatta Posts: 24

my name is latta anama. i come from Togo. i'm in the talent pool. you will have great time with mercy ships.

• anamalattaanamalatta Posts: 24

my name is latta anama i'm 40 years old. i come from Togo. right now i'm in the talent for housekeeper role.

you will have great time with mercy ships especially Hope center team.

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 59 admin

@annalouise Thank you for volunteering to work in the HOPE Center! I am excited for you.

• CarolineKirchnerCarolineKirchner Posts: 26

@annalouise do you live anywhere near Seattle? My daughter is at SPU (who loves art) and served on the AFM in Benin in 2017. Perhaps you might like to meet her for coffee before the beginning of June? If you private message me, I can connect you two. So excited for you! You will love the Hope Center and you will be a fellow crew member with another daughter of mine, Beth, who is now/will be a teacher in the AFM Academy. She loves to travel and read too.

• TeniahHowellTeniahHowell Posts: 4

Hi, Anna! I am so excited to meet you, and I know you must be really looking forward to your trip in August. My husband and I will be serving for the first time in December, so we will look forward to seeing you then! I am going to be working as an Outpatient Nurse, so I am sure I will see you from time to time! All the very best to you as you prepare for this great opportunity.

• emlouburton20emlouburton20 Posts: 1

Hi Anna/Teniah

Lovely to meet you also. I am travelling to Senegal next March 2020 so hopefully will get to meet you!! I know there are a lot of crew :)

Hope all your preparations go really well. I am serving as a perioperative Nurse, so very excited and looking forward to what I'm sure will be a life changing experience!

• jaxie_ryan87jaxie_ryan87 Posts: 13

I am very excited for each of you who are serving in the Senegal field service!

@emlouburton20 My name is Jaxie, and I am your Surgical Placement Facilitator. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns during the journey of the application process and preparations for your service dates.

• writerappwriterapp Ms. Posts: 15

@emlouburton20

I will be joining the Africa Mercy July 2019 through August 2020; you and I will likely be in the same Onboarding class in Texas. I look forward to meeting you and working with you. And by the way, my

job will be with the communications team as a writer!

With grace,

Penny