New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Welcome from MS Australia

My name is Melissa and I've been with Mercy Ships for almost 7 years now. Starting out as an admin assistant, I've learnt the ropes and am now responsible for liaising with Australian volunteers and potential applicants, as well as coordinating with our Staffing Managers and Placement Facilitators in Texas.

I'm happy to answer questions from Australians interested in volunteering with Mercy Ships, those that have been accepted and are on their way to the ship, and those who are already on board!

Comments

• AngieFadelyAngieFadely Posts: 20 - Current Staff
    Welcome Melissa -- so fun to "connect" with you here!
  • Hey Melissa! Nice to learn a bit more about you... I appreciate all of your help with our Australian applicants! Keep up the good work!
  • KellyGrizzardKellyGrizzard Posts: 119
    Melissa,  Thanks for Posting.  My role is to build relationships with Churches in the US so more people will volunteer with Mercy Ships.  If I can be of any help or if you have some ideas that are working "Down Under"  please send me an email.

Serving Together,

Kelly
  • Hi Melissa

Í am already on your books as I do small presentations to mainly church groups in Victor Harbor, South Australia.  My reason for joining mymercy is to keep up with the latest news from Africa Mercy so that I can pass it on.  My contribution is small as I am retired and aged 79 years, but I believe every little counts.

Just a couple of comments re this site and the entry form - your page is so wide that it doesn't fit on my screen, I have to scroll side to side all the time to read.  Maybe there is some way for me to change this, but I'm not very IT savvy.  On entry form it was if I was volunteering - asking for my work position - I am retired - no option for this so had to enter receptionist. Also I do not use Twitter etc only Facebook.

I am completely blown away by what Mercy Ships achieves and all the wonderful volunteers, and have met two of them when they visited here.

Bless you all for what you do and the lvoing spirit that makes you do it.

Cheers

Irene
  • Hi Melissa I have just begun the application process.  Although daunting I have just about completed it,  however my referees typed up their own references so am I able to use these instead of the uploaded reference form?

Regards Jenni (Sunshine Coast, Australia)