New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Fundraising and Fees

Just received my official acceptance and I am so excited! Need to touch base with Michelle Wallace to get all the specifics on finances. I am eager to get started, any good info from those who have already been through the process?

I will be serving next February as an OR nurse.

Carol VanVoorhis

Comments

• CarolineKirchnerCarolineKirchner Posts: 30

Ask LOTS of questions. There is no “dumb” question when it comes to finances. And be persistent when asking, don’t ever think you are “nagging” Finace when you have questions. They are there to answer your questions.

• CarolVanVoorhisCarolVanVoorhis Posts: 6

Thank you Caroline! I definitely do have lots of questions to ask as I know this short time prior to boarding will go by quickly.

• jaxie_ryan87jaxie_ryan87 Surgical Placement Facilitator Posts: 19

Hello Carol,

My name is Jaxie. I am your Surgical Placement Facilitator. I will let know Michelle from the FinACE Department know to please contact you. Please let me know if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Wishing you well,

Jaxie

• jurneymanonejurneymanone Deckhand Posts: 1

Hi im Baldur.

I need to get started on my fundraising before the summer is over, need to know where the moneys to be sent and cost per month. Is food included in the fee and such.

• MichelleWallaceMichelleWallace Posts: 3

Hi @CarolVanVoorhis!

I reached out to you via the portal with an initial contact email and financial questionnaire. However if you have any additional questions not covered in that message please feel free to reach out. Thanks!

• anamalattaanamalatta Posts: 33

i'am so excited for you. you will enjoy your time on board Africa Mercy.. @anama latta